Tuesday, December 05, 2006

clap your hands say yahoo!

Well, this pic of the album art sucks ass, but Clap Your Hands Say Yeah have finally announced the release date for their highly anticipated sophomore effort. The new self-released album is to be called Some Loud Thunder and will be released on January 30, 2007. The band has released two tracks for download, which you can find at the Pitchfork website. I'm listening to Love Song No. 7 right now... interesting (and definitely creepy). I guess I get Pitchfork's "Dream On" comparison... but just barely. Underwater (You And Me) sounds great as well.

Wikipedia reports the following tracklisting:

"Some Loud Thunder"
"Emily Jean Stock"
"Mama, Won't You Keep Them Castles in the Air & Burning?"
"Love Song No. 7"
"Satan Said Dance"
"Upon Encountering the Crippled Elephant"
"Goodbye to Mother and the Cove"
"Arm and Hammer"
"Yankee Go Home"
"Underwater (You and Me)"
"Five Easy Pieces"
Besides the tracks available at Pitchfork, I've heard Some Lound Thunder and Satan Said Dance via various live show recordings; good good stuff. There are a few other unreleased songs that I've heard and would've loved to see on the new disc.... Of course, knowing Alec Ounsworth's penchant for changing up song titles as he sees fit, for all I know, they're on there... lol.

Oh, I'm excited.

No comments: