Wednesday, April 04, 2007

this is why i love steve finley

OK, so yeah this is really a music blog. But. I've got baseball fever lately, and I'm excited because one of my all-time favorite players is a Rockie this year. And I hope he stays that way. I fell in love with Steve Finley waaaaay back when he was playing for the Astros in the early 90's (one of my favorite teams before we got the Rockies). Why do I love Steve? Well...
  • bats AND throws lefty
  • center field gold glove winner: 1995; 1996; 1999; 2000; 2004
  • played for the D-Backs for some time - even though they're a Rockies division rival, I love the D-backs
  • in making the Rockies roster this year, Steve became the first player EVER to play for all teams in a 5-team division. and we all know how baseball LOVES these kind of stats....
  • 2-time all-star who doesn't ACT like an all-star. the guy seems genuinely down to earth and happy to play
  • he's pretty fucking cute:




Fuck you, Giants. Welcome home, Steve Finley.

1 comment:

Leah Fo Shizzle Bizzle said...

yes he is totally cute.
perhaps he can be my new rockies bf of the year since choo is now a dodger.