Tuesday, December 18, 2007

my top albums of 2007 #40-31

40

Art Brut - It's A Bit Complicated
Great sophomore effort from these guys. Witty, tongue-in-cheek humor, hooray!
TLOBF review


39

David Dondero - Simple Love
I still can't believe I'd never heard of this guy before this year. For lovers of the sensitive singer-songwriter type with a keen sense of humor.
TLOBF review


38

Handsome Furs - Plague Park
I'd almost forgotten about this one until I was revisiting some 2007 albums last month. Consistently very very good.

37

Dr. Dog - We All Belong
Sure, the album is great, but all the cool kids know that live is the only way to experience Dr. Dog...

36

Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation
Excellent debut album. Unique mix of lots of different genres. Fun!
TLOBF review


35

Emma Pollock - Watch The Fireworks
I fully admit this one is a recent "discovery" for me. But oh, how I fell in love with Emma's voice and songwriting.
TLOBF review


34

1990s - Cookies
My cult status keeps me fucking your wife. Good god I love this album.

33

Band Of Horses - Cease To Begin
This one didn't quite live up to the lofty expectations set by last year's Everything All The Time, but a solid album nonetheless.
TLOBF review


32

Pela - Anytown Graffiti
Nothing more than a lot of straight-forward rock n' roll!!

31

Loney, Dear - Loney, Noir
Swedish pop is so great.

Stay tuned for more tomorrow...

2 comments:

tlobf said...

enjoying this list to far bridget. at the moment i have no clue who is gonna be in the top 10 either...

i must say though, i cannot get into that emma pollock album at all. i think im in the minority here, but i find it dreadfully dull. yay for loney, dear though!

Mystik Spiral said...

well, i seriously doubt that my top 10 will be much of a surprise to anyone... lol.