Monday, December 17, 2007

my top albums of 2007 #50-41

Just what the cyber-world needs, another "best of" list... but it's become a bit of an addiction for me, so there you go. Or, rather, here you go...

A handful of albums that just missed my top 50:

Angels Of Light - We Are Him
The Besnard Lakes - Are The Dark Horse
Blonde Redhead - 23
Dan Deacon - Spiderman Of The Rings
Narrator - All That To The Wall
Papercuts - Can't Go Back
The Ponys - Turn The Lights Out
Super Furry Animals - Hey Venus!
The Teeth - You're My Lover Now
The Twilight Sad - Fourteen Autumns, Fifteen Winters



My biggest disappointments of the year:

Rilo Kiley - Under The Blacklight
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky



50

Stars - In Our Bedroom After The War
This was a nice little surprise, I didn't know that Stars were releasing a new album until it leaked. Very solid.
TLOBF review


49

Page France - ...And The Family Telephone
I love pop music.

48

The Shins - Wincing The Night Away
There are a few tracks that never quite grew on me, but this one makes my top 50 based on the awesomeness of the handful of really awesome tracks.
TLOBF review


47

Weakerthans - Reunion Tour
My review

46

Peter Von Poehl - Going To Where The Tea Trees Are
My review

45

BOAT - Let's Drag Our Feet
The album art may be god-awful, but the tunes are poppy and goofy and great fun.

44

Voxtrot - Voxtrot
This was a really strong debut full-length for these Austinites. Firecracker = one of the best songs of the year, for sure.

43

Palomar - All Things, Forests
Tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

42

The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Earlier this year I was sure Neon Bible would land at least in my top 20. What a great year for music...

41

The Broken Family Band - Hello Love
One of the best finds of my year. Hello Love is not quite as strong as some of their previous work, but it's still pretty damn good.
TLOBF review


Stay tuned for more tomorrow...

No comments: