Thursday, December 20, 2007

my top albums of 2007 #20-11

20

Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
I never got into Spoon until Gimme Fiction. Ga x 5 is a lot better.
TLOBF review


19

Georgie James - Places
2007 was a great year for indie pop...
TLOBF review


18

Elvis Perkins - Ash Wednesday
This is a lovely album. I am still kicking myself for missing Elvis Perkins In Dearland opening for My Morning Jacket way back in January. At least seeing him play would have kept that evening from being a total bust...
TLOBF review


17

Panda Bear - Person Pitch
This album is so great I didn't even bother with that Animal Collective one... :)
TLOBF loves...


16

Cloud Cult - The Meaning Of 8
I fell in love with this band from the first time I heard the album. I was also fortunate enough to catch them live twice this year, one of the best live bands I've seen.

15

Beirut - The Flying Club Cup
I'm pretty sure I'm in love with everything that Zach Condon creates.
TLOBF review


14

Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
I have never been able to get much into Iron & Wine and almost didn't even bother with this one. I'm sure glad I gave it a chance though, this is some of the most gorgeous music to come out this year.

13

Sunset Rubdown - Random Spirit Lover
Spencer Krug is god.
TLOBF review


12

Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?
And Kevin Barnes just keeps on delivering the goods...
TLOBF review


11

White Rabbits - Fort Nightly
One of the strongest debut albums in recent memory. Calypso rock at its finest, and a fabulous live band to boot.

Stay tuned for more tomorrow...

No comments: