Wednesday, September 19, 2007

o-v-e-r-l-o-a-d

Overload! Wooooooooo!

OK, I'm giddy. I just got back from seeing The National and St. Vincent at the Ogden, capping off an amazing 8 days of live shows:

In the last 8 days, I have seen at least a partial set from the following bands/artists:

The Arcade Fire, Art Brut, Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Broken West, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Cloud Cult, Damien Jurado, David Dondero, The Decemberists, Editors, Everything Absent Or Distorted, The Flaming Lips, Hot IQs, Johnathan Rice, Kings Of Leon, LCD Soundsystem, Matt & Kim (x2), Nathan & Stephen, The National, Okkervil River, Ra Ra Riot, Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band, Spoon, Rilo Kiley, St. Vincent, William Elliott Whitmore, YACHT.

27 artists. 8 days. And to put things a bit into perspective - of those 27 artists, 3 are my most favorite local bands (2 old, 1 new), and 11 have released albums this year that are candidates for my "best of" list. In 8 days. Oh, that doesn't even include White Rabbits, who played Monolith... they are also a candidate for a best of 2007 album, and I did catch their soundcheck, but since I'm seeing them at the Larimer Lounge next month I passed on them to check out William Whitmore.

Am I exhausted? Yes. Am I overwhelmed? Yes. Am I in a state of mental and emotional bliss? Hell yes. I'm really hoping to get some write-ups done in the next few days, so keep an eye on The Line Of Best Fit and/or MusicRex if you care to live vicariously through me and my good fortune.

It seems like every day of 2007 is bringing more and more amazing music... Not only album releases but also live shows. Viva Denver!

A few more pics of The National. Sooooooo fucking good:

2 comments:

Julio Enriquez said...

this show was pretty epic...hope two gallants was fun!

BeeKay said...

I must get back to Red Rocks.