Monday, October 02, 2006

the prostate don't discriminate...

I love Matt Nathanson... not only is he quite adorable with a fantastic voice, but where else can you hear beautiful songs only to have the singer banter between songs with gems such as this blog subject? (subtitled "a finger in the ass is a finger in the ass"). He and his guitarist also spent much time talking about alternate words for "vagina". The one I remember is "gorilla salad". Yikes.

Early in the show, for no apparent reason, some fan decided to yell out the CU Buffs record (0-5). Matt was confused. When he finally figured out that the guy was talking about sports, he said "I don't know about sports. If I knew about sports I wouldn't be here. I'd be playing sports and sexing up some women." I, for one, am SO glad that Matt doesn't know about sports..... When he heard the team was the Buffs, he asked if it was a bunch of bodybuilders...

It was a fun night. These are the songs that I remember (in no particular order):

Sad Songs
Bare
Curve Of The Earth
Angel
Lucky Boy
Dancing With Myself
Blister In The Sun
Pictures Of You -> I Saw
Little Victories

He may also have done Bent and Weight Of It All... I'm confusing myself because I listened to Beneath These Fireworks at least 5 times in the past few days and everything's getting jumbled in my brain. lol.

There were a lot more - he played for nearly an hour 45 minutes. I think there was an eminem cover... not sure what it was as I don't listen to eminem... And a lot of songs that I wasn't familiar with. Some new, some old, all fabulous.

The downside of the night was that I had two drunken assholes behind me who would talk during every song then yell asinine things between every song. Partway through the set Matt did a handful of songs solo. One of the assholes said "oh, solo... this is the BEST part!". Then they proceeded to talk through the entire solo set as well. If it's so great, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! I have no problem with yelling stupid shit between songs. Matt was pretty much encouraging it anyway. But I don't get why people have to talk through songs. Not like it was a particularly quiet show either, and they were still incredibly annoying. I can't believe people pay $15 to do that shit. Here's an idea: pool your money, skip the concert, get a case of cheap beer, and get drunk at home. Talk all you want through the songs. Yell asinine things at each other. Fuckers.

Hmmmm... the cursing seems rampant tonight. Just the aftermath of a Matt Nathanson concert I guess. Apparently he said "fuck" 32 times. Before the encore. Yes, there was actually someone counting.

No comments: