Monday, September 04, 2006

whiskey river take my mind...

Willie Nelson at Red Rocks last night. Yeah, that's right. Willie kicked some serious ass. My sister and I took my dad for a late father's day present. He's been a Willie fan for a long long time, and the last time he saw a show was at Cheyenne Frontier Days 12 years ago!! It was hard to tell for a while if dad was having a good time, but by the end he was singing along with everyone else... :)

I had only seen Willie once before - ironically when my dad took me years and years ago. I couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 at the time.

As expected, the crowd was very diverse. Fortunately they were also very cool... at least from where we were sitting. Our friends Leah, Laura and Bryan joined us at our seats - about nine rows back - and we all had a blast. Leah's supposed to send me a picture of all of us so I'll post that when I get it.

A pleasant surprise was the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band opening the show. We didn't know who was opening until they were announced. It was great to see them - first time I've seen them live.

We rounded out the holiday weekend with a family birthday party/BBQ today at my parents' house. All in all it was a very fun weekend!!!

No comments: