Saturday, January 05, 2008

reverend peyton's big damn band - spreadin' the word



If you live in the Denver/Boulder area, you absolutely NEED to be at the Fox Theatre tomorrow... err... tonight, I guess that would be.

By the most fortunate of accidents, I caught Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band at the Monolith Festival back in September (I can't yet bring myself to utter the words "last year" in regards to 2007). When I found out they were playing the Bluebird Theater I was ecstatic. Then I discovered they were playing the Fox the very next night and knew that I was very possibly in for a Big Damn Band two-fer.

The show at the Bluebird tonight was fantastic. I'm not exactly sure if it's because I hadn't seen a live show for nearly two months, or because I hadn't seen my show-going pals Leah & Laura for over two months, or because the Big Damn Band is just that damn good, but I had more fun tonight than I've had in a loooooong time. If you weren't one of the couple hundred lucky souls in attendance, you've got yourself another chance as the Big Damn Band is playing in Boulder at the Fox on Saturday - today, tomorrow, whatever you want to call it. For you mountain folks, they'll also be playing the Belly Up in Aspen on Sunday. Yay!

That is a glance at the marquee through my dirty windshield, a tree, and a sign post (I forgot to take a pic until after I'd already gone to my car...). Note the typo in the band name... ha.

From a brief chat with washboard queen Breezy after the show tonight, they are a bit nervous about playing an 700-capacity venue (as they've never been in Boulder before), so if you happen to read this, you should make some plans to be at the Fox for the show. I personally guarantee you a great time. Jason Webley will be opening again and he alone is more than worth the price of admission, so you can even look at the Big Damn Band as icing on the cake.

Do it, for god's sake. It's a phenomenal show.

No comments: