Tuesday, January 15, 2008

the drew & natalie empire, juno, christian silva, aka the addiction post.

I am a huge fan of all the Natalie Dee, Toothpaste For Dinner & Married To The Sea comics.

This one makes me laugh, not because I did ANY of these things, but because I have managed to delete my enter iPod not once, but twice. So this comic made me think of me:



In other and semi-non-related musical news, I finally finally finally saw Juno tonight. As I expected, it was amazing.



Ellen Page deserves every award known to man for this film. She is awesome. And I have a rather, (well, probably because I'm nearly old enough to be his mom) motherly crush on Michael Cera. If you can count yourself among the lucky few to know the absolute genius that was Arrested Development, you know what I'm talking about. The kid is adorable yet talented, and while it seems that he's being typecast lately, I do believe he's young enough to break away from that. The quality projects that he's been involved with indicate a bright future indeed.

We went to the new Landmark in Greenwood Village, and It. Was. Awesome. Imagine a girl's night out with friends, popcorn, and gin & tonic. What in the world could be better?!?

The music-related-ness comes from the Juno soundtrack. It is awesome, check it out.



And just now I'm listening to my most recent (OK, so starting a few months ago and continuing on until NOW) musical obsession: Christian Silva. I'd actually given Christian a break for a while, but I'd had to get a review of his debut album done over the weekend (oh, oh - did I mention that it was featured?!?), and it riled my obsession up all over again. Soooooo fucking good. I even got a really nice comment about it. :)

2 comments:

Leah Fo Shizzle Bizzle said...

first of all, "there's ALWAYS money in the banana stand!!!"

second, did you see the nat dee the other day "America's next top ice cream model" hahahahha. i was dying.

the juno soundtrack is awesome. when i went to see darjeeling limited, i saw the juno trailer and they played the moldy peaches song "anyone else but you" which made me immediately think of my friend Dan, who made a mixed CD for us in college with that tune cuz we used to listen to it together. made me miss him more since he's not here anymore, but made the movie and use of the song all the better!

glad you liked it!

"all i want is you" on the sndtrk by Barry Louis Polisar is a FABULOUS tune too!

Mystik Spiral said...

ANTICM was hilarious... hahahaha.

Oh, I SO miss Arrested Development. "And THAT'S why you always leave a note!!"