Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Word Series, oh yeah....

By a rather fortuitous series of events I managed to score a ticket to last night's NLCS game four... and my Rockies didn't disappoint. They swept their second consecutive series to earn their first ever Word Series appearance!!!! Last night was by far the most amazing baseball game I have ever attended, and I've been to a few:

April 9, 1993 - inaugural home opener @ Mile High Stadium
April 26, 1995 - first game @ Coors Field
October 4, 1995 - Rockies vs. Braves in NLDS @ Coors Field
July 7, 1998 - All Star Game @ Coors Field

That's not even mentioning all the regular season gems I've witnessed over the years. I love baseball, and this year has become a phenomenon for my Rockies that nobody ever expected. We have won an unparalleled 21 of our last 22 games and have earned our first ever NL division title. Yet still nobody believes we can stack up to the AL... I suppose that remains to be seen.

GO ROCKIES!!!!!



Rockies win!!!!



Pretty fireworks...



NL Champs 2007!!!!!



Matt Holliday - MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: