Thursday, October 04, 2007

rocktober for sure...

So it's gotta be pretty obvious that effective this week my attention has shifted from music to baseball. Now, I'm a HUGE baseball fan, so naturally I'm superstitious; it comes with the territory. There are just so many things I want to say right now that I have to rein in because I'm terrified of jinxing the Rockies before they are able to move on to the NLCS.

As it is, they're up 2-0 in the best-of-5 NLDS, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Go Rockies.



The Rockies, these past few weeks, have been everything that nobody expected. Even now, after beating the Phillies twice in their house, the Rockies seem to be a playoff afterthought. All the talk is about the Yankees, the Red Sox, The Cubs. And the NLDS has been more about the Phillies choking than the Rockies excelling. It's about time baseball stood up and took notice of this young team. With oodles of credit to Dan O'Dowd, not to mention the patience of Rockies fans (myself overwhelmingly included), this is a home-grown team that is nothing less than completely fucking awesome. Even if we don't go to the World Series, there is so much hope being culled from the last stretch of this season that we have a clear glimpse of the brilliant Rockies future.

But for now, we're content with this Cinderella story that the 2007 campaign has become. I mean, Kaz Matsui with a grand slam?!? If that isn't destiny, I don't know what is.

No comments: