Sunday, October 21, 2007

say it ain't so

Dear god, I think my recent obsession with Babyshambles' Shotter's Nation has hurled me into full-blown Pete Doherty mania. How did this happen?!? Three weeks ago found me in the camp that believes the guy is just a bit of a waste of space, and now... well, now I feel like if I ever see him on the street all I wanna do is give him a big hug. It's amazing what a stellar album can do, is it not?

Some more videos for you:

One of the more palatable tracks on Down In Albion, "Fuck Forever":



Happier times... oh how I *heart* The Libertines:



More new Babyshambles & the "French Dog Blues" (note how much Pete's cartoon self looks an awful lot like his real life self...):



"There She Goes"... rather poor audio quality but a lovely song (they use a stand-up bass on the album - in case I haven't told you, check it out. It's called Shotter's Nation. It's by Babyshambles...):



And lastly a live version of one of my favorite tunes on the new album, "You Talk":



I really don't know what it is... it's been quite a while since an album has hit me this hard, especially an album that I normally wouldn't expect anything from.

Dear Pete, please stay sober, as I've discovered that I really love your music.

XOXO,
Mystik Spiral

No comments: