Friday, March 09, 2007

pete townshend's attic jam

I despise iTunes. I really do. Well, not the application so much - I use iTunes to listed to my iPod. But... the store. I mean, what a rip-off, right? However, sometimes iTunes releases such yummy compilations that its existence is almost justified. Almost. I only just stumbled upon this one, when I was searching for some (completely unrelated) information about Ed Harcourt. Fantastic playlist.

Attic Jam: Musical highlights from the Rachel Fuller/Pete Townshend "In the Attic" web-tv show:
01 The Kooks - Ooh La
02 Ed Harcourt - Last Cigarette
03 Martha Wainwright - These Flowers
04 Editors - All Sparks
05 Rachel Fuller - Blue
06 The Raconteurs (feat. PT) - The Seeker
07 Death Cab For Cutie (feat. Pt) - Photobooth
08 Pete Townshend - Acid Queen
09 The Fratellis (feat. PT) - Got Ma Nuts From A Hippy
10 The Magic Numbers - Long Legs
11 Regina Spektor - Musicbox
12 The Zutons (feat. PT) - Mary Anne With The Shaky Hands
13 Simon Townshend - Soul Searching
14 The Flaming Lips (feat. PT) - Baba O'Riley
15 Rose Hill Drive - Brain Novocaine
16 Razorlight - What's It All About
17 Mikey Cuthbert - Misery
18 Foy Vance - Homebird
19 Pete Townshend - A Quick One While He's Away

I won't hold it against you if you go to iTunes and buy it. I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever see the videos that went with the album? http://intheattic.podshow.com. Rachel and Pete jamming backstage, really intimate - think you might like.

S
xxx