Friday, November 17, 2006

2007 plug awards


Nominees revealed: 2007 PLUG Independent Music Awards. I love these awards because we, the people who actually listen to the music, get to vote!

I'm especially excited that Band Of Horses is up for several awards, including Album Of The Year, New Artist Of The Year and Song Of The Year (Funeral). Their extraordinary debut album Everything All The Time may just very well be a perfect record. At this point in the year, it's the album of the year on my best of 2006 list.

Plenty more of my favorite artists received nods as well:

Amy Millan
Calexico
Califone
The Hold Steady
Jenny Lewis
Joanna Newsom
M. Ward
Midlake
Neko Case
Shara Worden (My Brightest Diamond)
The Thermals
Voxtrot

2006 has been a phenomenal year for Indie Music... go vote, and keep on rockin'!




Part One (Savannah)

to the bottom dear i had to fall
but you really caught me
you really caught me dear
at the bottom where i fall

and slowly dear ask would you dance with me
here's the shades down
the lights off
when i didn't know you and everything i do done badly

now i'll love you always
even when i say you distract me

and sit out tonight in some strange place
if we have no friends here
well i have few to begin with

to wake next to you in the morning
and good morning to you
how do you do?
a good morning to you
and more covers for you
sleep soundly dear cause i have to go

and i'll love you always
and when we leave this place
and drive back to carolina
and down to savannah and stay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK I didn't realize til just now that Amy Millan was in the band Stars, and I really really like Stars.
I am now listening to "Baby I" great song!
Thanks for posting the list of bands! I am going to Ray L. tonite @ the paramount, you going?