Wednesday, November 07, 2007

rant.


To: Denver
Re: Last night's sold out Mountain Goats show at the Hi-Dive (but mostly re: the opening band)


1) I did NOT stand in the freezing cold outside for 45 minutes and inside the hot venue for 30 minutes to see you make out. Buy a CD and stay at home. It'll be cheaper.

2) I did NOT stand in the freezing cold outside for 45 minutes and inside the hot venue for 30 minutes to have you push in front of me the instant the music began. And yes, I will keep my elbow in your back until you get the fuck out of my sightline to the stage.

3) I did NOT stand in the freezing cold outside for 45 minutes and inside the hot venue for 30 minutes to listen to you talk about how hot the accordian player is. Do a google image search, buy a CD, and stay at home. It'll be cheaper.

4) Many of you are way too tall.


To: Hi-Dive
Re: Last night's sold out Mountain Goats show


1) Why was I standing outside for 45 minutes? In November? It was cold!! If you are going to sell tickets online with the only pick-up option being will call, get a guy who can check an ID in less than a minute. Seriously.

2) Your website said the doors time for the Mountain Goats show was at 7:00. But the opening act didn't even come on until 9:45. I mean, I guess that's how long it took your guy to check people in, but this is not a new issue. Like the time you advertised doors at 9:00 and I arrived at 9:30 only to discover that I'd already missed the opening band who I was really there to see in the first place.

3) I still love you.


To: Mountain Goats
Re: Last night's sold out Denver show


1) You guys rock. John Darnielle, you are a lyrical genius.

2) Despite my ranting, it was still possible to hear a pin drop during your set. That was awesome.

3) I always knew that I loved you, but I didn't realize how much until tonight. Thank you for a three song encore in a venue where ANY encore is like an endangered species.

4) I'm pretty sure that I won't be listening to anything but Mountain Goats for several days. I blame you. Mountain Goats.

5) Come back soon. Please.


PS - in the "universe you suck" files, the Stars played last night at the Gothic. As much as I love the Stars... I made the right choice. Indeed.

1 comment:

CassK said...

I'm jealous, even with the cold line and the tall people... we had tix but could not make it down from Laramie.