Monday, May 14, 2007

i adore my internet friends, but...

Seriously. I can't keep up with the new music this year. And as if I didn't have enough new albums to listen to, I've recently received a couple of fantastic recommendations from my cyber-friends.

What I'm listening to right now is an album called Horses Of War by the amazing band Revival. Tualla turned me on to this one, and although (I'm certain I've mentioned before), she detests The Decemberists and reverb, she's from Canada so I have to forgive her... lol. These days my musical tastes are being overrun by HORSES:

Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time
The Besnard Lakes - Are The Dark Horse
Blackstrap - Steal My Horses And Run
Horse Feathers - Words Are Dead
My Brightest Diamond - Bring Me The Workhorse
Rock Plaza Central - Are We Not Horses
Sparklehorse - Dreamt For Light Years In The Belly Of A Mountain
The other album of mention today is from a group called The Tailors, entitled Wakey Wakey. My friend Rich (though not the Rich who wrote the review... apparently the UK is just overrun with Rich's... lol) just turned me on to this today, and it is fantastic. Lately, when I think of London artists, I think of such acts as The Libertines, Jamie T, or the Arctic Monkeys. The Tailors are nothing like what you would expect to come out of the London scene - their sound is pure Americana. Check them out if you love alt-country...

2 comments:

Leah Fo Shizzle Bizzle said...

so many new albums! i am checking them out and also listening to hold steady to prime for next week.

Mystik Spiral said...

i am so excited for the hold steady i can hardly stand it. this afternoon i listened to "almost killed me", "separation sunday" and "boys and girls in america" consecutively. only 4 more days!!!!!