Monday, February 12, 2007

2007 plug award winners!


    The results are in! Here are the big categories (what I consider to be the big categories anyway...). Things that make me happy and that I probably voted for (who can remember?!?) are boldy green:

  • Album Of The Year: Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time
  • New Artist Of The Year: Arctic Monkeys ... huh.
  • Female Artist Of The Year: Neko Case
  • Male Artist Of The Year: Sufjan Stevens (well, I actually probably voted for M. Ward on this one, but Sufjan is a very close second!!!)
  • Indie Rock Album Of The Year: Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass
  • Metal Album Of The Year: The Melvins - (A) Senile Animal
  • Hip-Hop Album Of The Year: Spank Rock - Yoyoyoyoyo
  • Americana Album Of The Year: Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time
  • Punk Album Of The Year: CSS - Cansei De Ser Sexy
  • Electronic/Dance Album Of The Year: Thom Yorke - The Eraser
  • DJ Album Of The Year: Girl Talk - Night Ripper
  • Avant Album Of The Year: Xiu Xiu - The Air Force
  • Artist Of The Year: J Dilla
  • Live Act Of The Year: Broken Social Scene
  • Song Of The Year: Band Of Horses - The Funeral
  • Music Video Of The Year: Wolf Parade - I'll Believe In Anything
  • Record Label Of The Year: Sub Pop
  • Live Music Venue Of The Year: Bowery Ballroom, NYC, NY
  • Music Festival Of The Year: South By Southwest (I gotta make a trip for SXSW one of these years...)
  • Music Website Of The Year: pitchforkmedia.com
  • Music Blog Of The Year: brooklynvegan.com
  • Magazine Of The Year: Paste
  • Record Store Of The Year: Amoeba Music, Hollywood, CA
  • Music DVD Of The Yeah: The Pixies - loudQUIETloud: A Film About The Pixies
  • Online Record Store Of The Year: amazon.com (wtf?!?)


    I'm thrilled for Band Of Horses, capturing 3 pretty high profile awards. And I love the MySpace bulletin they posted about winning:

    What the crap dudes? We won three Plug Awards thanks to you all! Not to brag or nuthin, but Album of the Year, Song Of the Year, and Americana Album of The Year all went to your little bearded bro's from So. Cack! All we can say is thank you soooooo much to those of you that gave enough of a care to vote for us. We really didn't expect to win a damn thing considering the talented company we were included with. Remember, these awards mean nothing. Unless you win, bitches! xoboh
    Shit, I love that band... lol.


    Now playing:

I've got my iPod on 'shuffle' at the moment. Here are the last 20 songs that I heard:

  • The Magic Numbers - Long Legs
  • Peter Bjorn And John - Education Circle
  • Built To Spill - Mess With Time
  • Matt Nathanson - Little Victories
  • The Strokes - Hard To Explain
  • Old 97's - Bel Air
  • The Arcade Fire - Wake Up
  • R.E.M. - I Believe
  • Film School - 11:11
  • Pixies - Nimrod's Son
  • Neko Case - Outro With Bees (reprise)
  • Silver Jews - Federal Dust
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl
  • Bright Eyes - First Day Of My Life
  • The Beach Boys - I'm Waiting For The Day
  • Slowlands - Calderone
  • Neko Case - Whip The Blankets
  • Spoon - Stay Don't Go
  • Idlewild - Out Of Routine

No comments: