Monday, August 28, 2006

why i am sad today...

Nickel Creek Going On Hiatus

Sad, sad, sad. They are not taking the break until the end of 2007, though, so I will hopefully have at least a chance or two to see them play before the split.

This feels like the end of an era - the first time I saw Nickel Creek play was over 7 years ago. As a music fan, I have to say that this is probably a good move on their part... 17 years is a long time to be in a band, especially if you are, like, 25 years old. But as a Nickel Creek fan I am very very sad at this news.

If Nickel Creek comes anywhere near your town within the next year, do yourself a huge favor and go see them play. They are one of my favorite live bands in the world and never disappoint.

On a happier note, I am seeing Chris Thile with his new band this Thursday - yay!

Now playing:

No comments: