Thursday, June 08, 2006

that E really IS a crazy motherfucker...

I just saw my very first Eels show ever, and let me just say that my ass is now officially rocked off. E is amazing... tonight was as much a carefully choreographed production as it was a concert. And man, was it a blast!

Openers Smoosh were a nice surprise. Smoosh consists of 2 girls who can't be much older than 14. And if they aren't twins, they must at least be sisters. The drummer had a constant "deer in the headlights" look about her, but she kicked it nonetheless. The girls came out to dance/sing for the Eels encore - Cancer For The Cure, I Like Birds & Mr. E's Beautiful Blues. The encore rocked. Hard.

So now I'm spinning some Eels for fun -

Then I should really try to get some sleep. I've really been getting into Camera Obscura lately, so I think something mellow to drop off to -

No comments: