Wednesday, February 13, 2008

as though there weren't enough incentive...




Vampire Weekend has thus far avoided the inevitable backlash for being the next "it" band. I hope they do forever, I really do. I love them. They are returning to Denver on April first, and if that wasn't enough, I have discovered that YACHT will be opening. As one of, oh about a dozen people, who eschewed The Flaming Lips for YACHT at last year's Monolith Festival, I am extremely excited about this news. Jona is a kick live and I am SOOOO looking forward to this show. Yee-haw.

On a not-so-very-entirely different note, I have created a challenge for myself in 2008. Like most of you, I have a ton of music on my iPod that I've never listened to. It just sits there. So I am embarking on an adventure to listen to every song, every album, EVERYTHING that resides in that little black box. I made this decision just the other day, and so far here is what I've heard:


Cloud Cult - Advice From The Happy Hippopotamus


The Ladybug Transistor - The Albemarle Sound


Of Montreal - Aldhils Arboretum


Old 97's - Alive & Wired


The Mountain Goats - All Hail West Texas


Yeasayer - All Hour Cymbals

And now:


Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - live show from 2006 broadcast on NPR's All Songs Considered... oh so lovely.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Mke Lechmann said...

Wait, I don't get it. Are these literally albums you haven't listened to once?